The Whole Shale Industry Chain Meets at ECF2017
ECF2017 offers participants unprecedented interaction with industry-leading CEOs, elected officials and thought leaders, all of whom play a critical role in crafting the public policy and technical landscape that defines shale gas development around the world, especially in China. Insightful panel discussions, high-powered networking sessions, and impactful keynote presentations will provide attendees, sponsors, and exhibitors unprecedented access to the industry’s most influential leaders and innovators.
Opportunities for Global Players in China
China is the world’s second-largest economy and the world’s biggest consumer of energy. And now China attempts to shake its dependence on coal by turning to shale gas. China holds the world’s largest shale gas reserves, with 68% more technologically recoverable than the US, according to the US Energy Information Administration. At the same time, China’s oil and gas market will become more open and attractive for global players at E&P, project, new technology, investment and JV.
You can learn more about the current situation of China shale gas and other oil and gas industry from ECF2017:
1. Redefine strategic position is the most important measure for Chinese oil and gas companies to reduce cost
2. Due to the low price, energy companies of China is positively seeking new M&A opportunities in gas industry
3. Cost control and efficiency is considered top priority for Chinese oil & gas players
4. Cost pressures are driving more industry collaboration in China
5. Digitalization will be a major focus for China oil and gas R&D as a path to improved profitability and reduced risk
6. China energy industry operators will seek to achieve greater standardization of tools and processes such as joint industry projects (JIV) and global standardization in deliveries
7. China will increase its sustainability efforts and is going to further reduce pollution in 2017
8. With oil price getting warm, it is expected that upstream capital will meet its turning point in 2017, following by substantially increasing oilfield service profits
9. Both state owned enterprises and private entities in China will keep looking high quality overseas assets to optimize its capital, project and resources diversification